The Summit Point Training Facility (SPTF)
The Summit Point Training Facility (SPTF) has been in continuous operation since its founding in 1969. We are the recognized leader in security and counterterrorism training for Government, commercial and industry partners. The SPTF team understands the need for expert driver, firearms, and emergency medical training in a world of evolving threat environments and security challenges. SPTF is a privately held company and has been serving the National Capital Region with premier training since its inception.
SPTF is synonymous with training excellence. We bring decades of quality training delivery and mission focus, supported by experienced leadership, key personnel, and the exceptional training expertise of our hand-picked instructor cadre. SPTF prepares students for varying threat conditions worldwide with the flexible and tailored approach necessary to meet each client’s unique training requirements.
Not just a premier training facility, SPTF has made investment to support research, development, testing and evaluation (RDT&E) facilitation capability for numerous Government and commercial customers. Our 786-acre facility - roughly an hour from Washington DC - provides the perfect distance to and from key decision makers and industry leaders. Demonstrations are facilitated seamlessly, and all wrap-around support can be provided.
As we have continued to grow and develop, our requirement for Logistics and Procurement internally has grown as well. This capability is supported with on-site warehousing and shipping/receiving infrastructure, and accompanying staff. As we focus on supporting our customers, we have developed the ability to export this capability, providing shipping, receiving, and procurement solutions to our partners in addition to all of our other services.
- International Stability Operations Organization (ISOA)
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA)
- WV Oasis
- Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS)
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT)
- WV Law Enforcement Professional Standards
- Evasive Driving
- Unimproved/Off-Road Driving
- Security Driving
- DCJS Certified Curricula
- NRA Law Enforcement Certified
- Pistol Training
- Carbine Training
Affiliations to Medical Training
- WVOEMS Endorsed Educational Institute
- NAEMT Authorized Training Center
- Committee for Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (C-TECC) Recognized Educational Partner
- American Heart Association (AHA) Training Site
- American Safety & Health (ASHI) Training Center
- American Red Cross (ARC) Licensed Training Provider