SPTF provides an all-inclusive driver training facility, with five hard surface circuits, each of which has several training configurations. The three high-speed courses vary from 1.7 to 2.5 miles in length and simulate actual road conditions. Wooded areas, tire walls, and concrete barriers line both sides of the roadways, with all tracks free of hazards for 30 feet on each side of the circuit. Four of the five tracks provide features including increasing and decreasing radius turns, blind curves, numerous barriers, bridges, and other characteristics that provide ample attack sites and skills challenges. Circuits are composed of asphalt and are well-maintained to ensure excellent overall condition similar to that of a normal state-maintained, two- or three-lane roads. Circuit features include:
- A straightaway where 90+ mph emergency speeds can be attained
- Uphill/downhill turns as well as constant radius, increasing and decreasing radius turns
- Flat, negative, and positive camber turns
- An S-Turn
- Two turns that can be covered continually with water
- Road shoulders primarily composed of grass, with some dirt or gravel areas
- Foliage and cover that provide concealment areas necessary for realistic ambush scenarios
The entire Jefferson Circuit is not visible by casual observers. The remaining circuits are ninety-five percent concealed from casual public observation. For these circuits, the small area that is visible is well-monitored to prevent trespassing during training sessions. Further, none of the areas adjacent to these circuits where students enter and exit their vehicles or classrooms are visible by casual observers.
The Campus Circuit is a low-speed track consisting of multiple cross-over roads and intersections suitable for fundamental vehicle control exercises and motorcade/convoy training.
Unimproved Road Courses:
SPTF has two small arms range complexes identified as Range Complex K and Range Complex B. The combined ranges have one 25-yard, one 50-yard, two 100-yard, one 200-yard and one 300-yard outdoor firearms ranges rated for all calibers up to and including 7.62 mm. All Range Complex K and B ranges have floors of compacted gravel and can be safely used in wet and dry weather conditions. Covered loading and equipment tables are provided at each range. All ranges also have yard line markers at standard distances from 3 to 300 yards.
The Car Shoot Range (CSR):
The Car Shoot Range is also part of Range Complex B. This range is exclusively used for penetration power demonstrations, live fire vehicle take-down tactics, live fire vehicle evacuations and break contact drills. This range can also be used as an additional 100-yard multi-purpose range with the placement of portable target stands.
The Explosives Demonstration Range (EDR):
The Explosives Demonstration Range is also part of Range Complex B and has a maximum Net Explosive Weight (NEW) of 1/2 pounds. This range features an observation pavilion complete with a protective 1/2-inch Lexan window and can accommodate 35 personnel. The vehicle detonation point is more than 75 yards from the observation pavilion. PVC pipe with wiring to support electric priming and detonation runs the length of the range with quick connects for wiring of multiple explosive devices. A control box in the observation pavilion allows for safe remote detonation and a siren and emergency light located at the range entrance warn personnel in the surrounding area of an imminent detonation. There is also a barrier arm at the entrance to this range to prevent any unauthorized vehicles from entering the area.
SPTF has a dedicated Firearms Range Master who ensures that range safety precautions are observed, to include use of red safety flags and audible warnings that indicate active or inactive weapons and/or explosives events. Ranges are managed in accordance with regulations, as well as requirements for safe handling/removal of hazardous materials and maintenance activities.
Non-Lethal Shoot House Facilities
Combatives Mat Room
Secured Weapons, Ammunition, and Explosives Storage
SPTF has created, and utilizes a variety of training aides to ensure realistic presentation and execution of training events across all training courses. These include an extensive weapons armory, on-hand ammunition and storage capabilities. All of the weapons required to conduct training, including ammunition, are on site and in ready supply – including Glock, Sig Sauer and Beretta pistols; AR-15/M4-style rifles with mounted EOTECH holographic sights; AK-47 rifles, as well as Mossberg 12-gauge shotguns. SPTF can also provide UTM® weapons and ammunition and all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for training classes, whether small or large. Effective inventory management ensures available ammunition supplies to conduct multiple training classes simultaneously. SPTF can safely and securely store Government Furnished Equipment (GFE), CONEX units, and ARMAG units on site with appropriate security measures. SPTF maintains a Federal Firearms License and is able to procure firearms should training requirements exceed what is maintained on-site.
SPTF also has two on-site armories and is able, upon request, to provide Arms and Ammunition storage. The vaults are GSA Class 5-A rated, meeting the requirements in DOD 5100.79-M, with divided rooms that can each be secured. Locks and keys may be provided or purchased. The vaults are equipped with an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and is monitored by a security company with local law enforcement response.
SPTF currently maintains a Federal Explosives License (FEL) that allows safe and legal storage of up to 50,000 lbs of explosive material. Additionally, SPTF have two ARMAG explosives storage lockers that can be made available for customer usage.
Practical Exercise Area
Gasoline Alley is a row of garages located at Summit Point Motorsports Park & Training Facility. These garages provide customers with a convenient and secure storage solution for the various needs of our clients. Each garage is equipped with ample space for parking and maintenance, as well as electrical outlets, lighting, as well as the ability to install a lift if desired. Constructed with durable materials, these garages are designed to withstand extended use and provide a safe and reliable space for customers. The prime location at Summit Point Motorsports Park & Training Facility makes Gasoline Alley a suitable option for a variety of clients in need of storage and maintenance facilities.
Gasoline Alley Overview:
- Large and Small units available, measuring 24’x30’ and 12’x30
- 24/7 access via electronic keypad entry along with video surveillance
- Tenant ONLY Public Restroom and Shower Facilities with weekly janitorial services and replenishment
- Seasonal snow removal
- Tenant ONLY Disposal Station allowing the onsite disposal of general trash and DEP compliant disposal of Aerosol cans, Florescent bulbs, Antifreeze, Brake fluid and Engine Oil.
- Outdoor Parking: Area is equivalent in width to the rental unit and about 48’ to 50’ deep is provided. The parking area provided is directly across from the rental unit. Parking area includes one (1) or two (2) numbered parking spaces and the gravel section behind the parking spaces.
- Restrictions: Two (2) fully operational vehicles and one (1) operational vehicle transport trailer, open or closed only. Non-operational vehicles shall not be parked or stored outside unless in an enclosed trailer. Any vehicles that do not run and are not in an enclosed trailer can be towed by the Operator at the User’s expense. Recreation Vehicles (RV), Travel Trailer, Tractor Trailer Rig Trailer or equivalent are not allowed to be stored in designated spaces. Closed trailers to haul motorized vehicles with any type of living quarters are also not authorized.
- Examples of items not allowed: Sea containers (Conex Box), miscellaneous vehicle parts, wood or pallets, cones, or broken items. Any other items deemed by Operator as not allowable.
Each Unit Includes:
- Offer outlets of 110 and 220 voltages
- Cold Water Shop Sink
- Overhead Heat
- Reinforced floor for optional lift. Contact the landlord regarding allowed weight capacities.